In the book “Beauty is Power: Dr. Luciano’s Brazilian Beauty Secrets for Staying Young”, I have combined my cultural background and medical knowledge to illustrate just how beauty, youthfulness, and health, are well within the reach of everyone regardless of age. Brazilians see health, beauty, and youthfulness, as the three sides of a holistic triangle applicable to everyone.
The positives of the Brazilian culture are the foundation of the book’s theme – negatives are not included, as I have never seen anything good come out of a foundation of negatives. This is not to say that we should not learn from negative experiences. Brazilians just don’t dwell on it.
On the other hand, if we are not able to enjoy a tropical climate and everyday indulgences of a culture that has reputably conquered the world of fun living and beauty in different societies around the world, its lifestyle and health practices can be cultivated no matter where we live.
For instance, the benefits of an active lifestyle can be imitated even if the weather outside is less then desirable. Anti-aging effects resulting form openess and creativity can be adopted in our approach to life, and some secrets for youthful skin and good health hidden within the Amazon can be enjoyed in the most remote areas of the world we live.
The book reveals how to:
* gain power, strength, vitality, and confidence
* restore youthfulness to your skin
* determine what beauty treatments will work best for you
* select between cosmetic surgery and non-surgical alternatives
* identify foods that can age you-and which youth-promoting foods to eat.
* change the way you think—through exercise
* detox your body naturally—without fasting and torture
* regain vitality and reset the “age” clock
* recharge your whole life—spiritual, emotional, and physical
* maintain your progress with fun exercise routines and delicious, healthy recipes
Scientifically studied foods behind certain modern-day fountains of youth that are staples of the Brazilian diet are discussed:
• Açaí, loaded with antioxidants and free-radical scavengers.
• Cupuaçu, which contains phytochemicals that promote smooth and healthy skin.
• Jaca fruit, providing the natural sugars your body craves
• Brazil nuts, which can drive down your cholesterol level
• Buriti or Moriche Palm Fruit, the most concentrated natural plant source of beta carotene (vitamin A) in the world
The book also offers five keys to great skin care:
Brazilian beauty secrets are buried deep in a culture that celebrates life, passion, freedom and individualism. I am very thankful and humbled to uncover those Brazilian beauty secrets, and share them with you.
By understanding and utilizing these Brazilian secrets to long-lasting health and beauty, you too have the opportunity to be healthier, happier and more youthful. As well, you may begin to understand the reasons behind the facts that have recently catapulted Brazil to be accepted and recognized as a leader in the world’s political, economical, medical and cosmetic scenarios.
Lastly, thank you for taking your time and reading this website. I look forward to discussing the book with you and I would like to extend a heartfelt invitation to you to be my friend. And should our paths cross, please stop me, so we may sit down and enjoy a Brazilian coffee break (cafezinho break) and talk about the book, future dreams and life!
But until we meet, here is to good health and a long life. Saúde!